Our Family

Our Family

Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Painting the Driveway...

...with chalk!

So I came across this idea at the beginning of summer on one of the many blogs I check in on (I really wish I could recall which one to give credit but unlike most of my other finds I did not bookmark this one) so let's just agree this was not my idea :)  I thought it was so neat and couldn't wait to try it out.  I gathered up the chalk, sorted it by color, put it in ziploc bags and began smashing away.  Now, this is a great way to use those small broken pieces of chalk but I will admit most of ours was new chalk.



Well that is as far as it got.  They sat in the ziplock bags on the edge of the kitchen counter for months now.  The kids kept asking and bugging me about it but I just couldn't bring myself to sit out in the miserable heat and have the sun bounce off the driveway (I know what a terrible Mommy I am).  Today we finally got some relief and it is actually kind of nice outside so I thought let's do this! 

First I put the chalk into cups.


Then I added some water and mixed it up.


Then it was time to let the fun begin...

































And the finished works of art.


Not bad for zero cost and plenty of smiles :)











No comments:

Post a Comment