Our Family

Our Family

Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lilah Grace is 3 Months

I still cannot believe it has been three months since our baby girl arrived!  The days are flying by and she is growing so quickly.  Although I don't enjoy how fast it is going I do look forward to our photo sessions with Cindy Stansberry Photography to document the milestones :)  Last week it was time for Lilah's 3 month session and I had done a lot of planning and preparation for it.  Jay had the day off so it was just Baby L and I headed down to Griffin for some pics.  It was a nice car ride just the two of us even with the Atlanta morning rush traffic (nothing compared to DC).  After our session we headed into the big city to get Mommy a new badge for work and for a brief moment I actually missed working in Corporate America (more on that in an upcoming post).  That ended quickly once we got back into the car and took 16 turns to go a few blocks and get out of the city ;)  Then it was back up north for a little outlet shopping and back home to a board meeting.  It was great to have some time alone with Lilah Grace and the older kids had a blast with just Daddy that day!

So I guess you want to see some pics now huh?

We received this quilt as a gift for Lilah Grace from Jay's Aunt Barbara (she made it just for Baby L).  As soon as we opened it I knew I would use it in photos :)

In my countless hours on Etsy I discovered these adorable ruffle butt bloomers and knew they would be perfect with the quilt.


But how could I possibly use the bloomers without an amazing flower headband??  So, several more hours spent and I knew the EXACT flower I HAD to have for this to work.  BUT - they were way more than I was willing to spend on them!  And that moment is when I discovered how to make them myself!  I knew my mission and I chose to accept it.  I went to every craft store in town with photos of the flower I wanted until I found the perfect batch (yes I went through several in the process).  I practiced (see my previous post about hair accessories and my obsession with them) and finally decided to try the one that would be used for her  session.


Yep I made the flower, added the jewels and even dyed the elastic for the flower to attach to (and did a pretty good job matching the quilt).

Lilah wanted to show off her head control and rolling skills for Cindy.


No self-respecting tiny diva would show up for a photo session with just one outfit!  So, I had seen these on some of Cindy's other clients and became a fan of her friend Nicole at Wild Child & Co. (she makes the cutest stuff).  I had these planned before Baby L was even born ;)



Since most everything she wears is pink I opted for something completely different as her dressy outfit and it worked out even better than I expected.




Cindy did a fantastic job of capturing Lilah's expressions and her little personality!


It would not have been complete without me bringing along some ideas I had come across and wanting to mimic them.  



Lilah Grace did great and amused us for as long as she could but when she was done she let us know ;)


These are from my "sneak peak" and I cannot wait to receive all the photos as I know there will be so many that I love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment