Our Family

Our Family

Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Back in the Office

So last week I traveled to DC to meet my new boss and some other people who have come on board since I departed the area.  It was a very bitter sweet trip with many mixed emotions.

This was my first time leaving Lilah Grace and overnight no less (I will say this gets easier with each kid).  I started the day bright and early by getting up by 5 am (cannot recall the last time I was up that early); in the car by 6 and on a plane by 7.  The flight was fairly easy with a short connecting flight in Charlotte NC and I arrived in DC around 10 am.  I got off the airplane and headed for the Metro and that is when the first wave of emotions hit me.  It was like I had never left and part of me felt like I was home.  Seeing the monuments and all those wonderful DC things.  Then I realized that my home was no longer there and would likely never be again.

I made it into the office by only getting turned around on the Metro once :)  The day flew by with lots of meetings and catching up.  It was great to see the people I used to work with daily.  Staying so busy made it easier to not miss the kids too much and I found myself falling right back into the work life routine.  It felt kind of good to have my own identity (although everyone asked about the kids) and to be dressed up in my big girl clothes and shoes ;)

So once again I was reminded of what I left behind and the path my career was on...



Pretty nice huh :)

BUT......

I still choose this life instead EVERY day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment