Our Family

Our Family

Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Adventures of Elffie

So we I totally bought into this whole Elf on a Shelf craze this year.  After much urging from several of my friends I figured we would give it a try.  I was pretty much desperate for anything that may help keep my kids in line even if for only a month.  I would love to say that it worked magically and my precious babies were complete and total angels for the entire month of December.  But this is the real world and not the one in my dreams so no such luck. 

It did however help and it was a nice tradition to start with them (I am very big into making traditions and then keeping up with them - shocker huh?).  The kids really looked forward to looking around the house to find where Elffie (the name they unamiously chose for our Elf - their creativety is impressive huh) was each morning after he returned from his nightly reporting-to-Santa-trip. 

Some evenings he was good and could be found in places such as the tree, a stocking, a shelf, etc.  But other evenings he decided to be mischeivious (a little something he picked up from our kids) and get into things such as my makeup, the fridge, the food and other antics. 


Santa delivered Elffie in a box left in the driveway which Daddy found when he came home from the grocery store.  The kids were so thrilled that he included a personalized note detailing what they had talked about when they met him at the mall.

His first night with us he was; well... on a shelf :)

Just hanging around (on the ceiling fan).

Elffie got into Mommy's makeup which is a big no-no around here.  Notice he drew cat whiskers on himself.


Oh No He Didn't! Yep he really did TP the family room - BAD Elffie!!



According to Payton his hanging with our family ornament means he cares for us.


Another naughty act - getting into the candy... 


Well this was nice - reading The Night Before Christmas. 

 Chillin' in the fridge (hahaha I made a funny).

This was really bad - he drew on our photos with a dry erase marker.  He was nice and didn't draw on Lilah Grace and put a halo on Mommy ;)



Oh and this got a good amount of laughs - he copied his little bum-bum.

"Snow" Angels

Playing Daddy's XBox

He couldn't resist a big bowl of Cheerios

He took Barbie for a spin complete with his arm around her.



He is all boxed up and ready for Santa to come get him to take him back to the North Pole.



Now I would love to tell you that each one of these was my own idea but we all know that would be false.  I did come up with some on my own but others were with the assistance of friends, Pinterest, and a couple great blogs :)  We look forward to Elffie coming back to stay with us next year but for now Santa needs his help at the North Pole.


2 comments: