Our Family

Our Family

Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

SAHM Update

It has been a few weeks since writing and posting about my first year as a SAHM and I feel like much has changed in that short period of time.  I guess having the older two in school full time and finally getting the house cleaner and a bit more organized has helped me.  I feel like I am becoming better at things and have received positive feedback. 

I am forming a new identity and I must admit that I think I like it more than my previous one J 

Recently I have been told by several different people (at completely different times) that I am always so calm and handle 4 kids with such ease (at least my public appearances are convincing).  I also recently was told that I am “that woman” that can be a wife, mother to 4 and still find time to help others.  I have always thrived under pressure and once again it is proving true.  I have so much going on right now but it seems I am doing my best yet. 

I joined the board of directors of the local youth recreation sports (where the kids play) earlier this year as the Marketing Assistant.  At the beginning of summer the Marketing Director (who I had been helping) stepped down and I was appointed to become the Marketing Director.  I enjoyed stepping up and taking on more responsibility.  Recently I agreed to also be appointed as the Treasurer and am spending even more time on things.  But it is making me happy.  I like the feeling of contributing and having input into something important in our community and lives of children.  I also like how it has enabled me to meet so many people and form friendships.  I like being at the ball fields and running into people I know.  I am coming out of my shell and being a lot more open to people.

I am still working part time and typically work from home in the mornings while Jay is home before going to work.  I volunteer at the school and this past week I worked a full day at the book fair at Payton’s school.  Again a good feeling.  I have signed up to volunteer as a helper in the church nursery and look forward to starting that (I typically end up in there anyway since Lilah seems to demand my presence at all times).

The kids are getting into a good routine and they are becoming more loving and appreciative of me as well (especially G-Man during our alone times).  I am getting into a groove and discovering all that my new life has to offer.

I guess you could say I am finally becoming the Super Mommy I always dreamed of being J  But you can just call me Taryn ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment