Our Family

Our Family

Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lilah Grace Turns ONE

It is so hard to believe that just one year ago we were in the hospital just hours after delivering our 4th beautiful baby.  It was a very difficult pregnancy and the hardest labor I had yet but she was so worth it!  It amazes me that after going through it 3 previous times how amazing it still was to meet and hold that tiny little angel for the first time.  Just as with all our children it was love at first sight and I was immediately smitten with her.  I knew from that moment that she would be my mama's girl and that we would have a lifetime bond.

She was a tiny little thing like her older sister and brothers.  Can you believe this was a year ago already?



The past year has gone by so incredibly fast!  Way faster than the first year of the other childrens lives and it saddens me greatly that I didn't spend more one-on-one time with her and video tape every second of every day :)  I did have the amazing opportunity to be home with her every single day and shower her with tons of love and kisses!  She and I grew closer over the year and she is most definitely still a mama's girl.  She adores both of her big brothers and I think someday she will admire and appreciate her big sister.  She loves her Daddy but given the choice she will always come to Mommy ;)

Since she is a true Georgia Peach I had to throw her a big bash for her first birthday fitting for a southern belle.  With the help of my two good friends we spent months scouring Pinterest, Facebook and Google to find all the perfect accessories.  I will spare the details but suffice it to say that Daddy has asked he never be told how much the party cost him ;)  And Mommy is more than happy to oblige that request.  Since we are crafty ladies we challenged ourselves to make as much as we possibly could ourselves and we did - the shirts, dresses, tutus, hair bows, favor boxes, favor labels, invitations, smash cake, and decorations.  The party went great and everything was perfect just as I had imagined.

So now the party you have all been waiting for....The Pictures!!  As usual I took several of them so these are just some of my favorites.

What party is complete without a personalized banner?

The gift table

This was a page for her scrapbook which we had everyone sign - what a great way for her to remember her special day :)

The favor boxes - we cut them out on the Cricut, folded and glued them and added the labels

Photo banner showing her monthly milestone photos

The candy bar

Yeah I may have gone overboard buying all the glass jars and candy

She looks "tutu cute" in her Mommy made matching tutu

"Hey I'm the birthday girl"

Yep Mommy made my shirt for me as well

And Miss Steph made my big beautiful bow

Looking cute from behind in my owl bloomers care of Mommy 

Costco cake with some enhancements cut on the Cricut (who knew sugar sheets were so cool)

So Mommy and Miss Steph were up until 2 am making this smash cake for me (it is almost too cute to destroy)

The cake and pink lemonade table

The seat of honor

Whatever did people do before the Cricut???

A nice shot of the candy bar

How adorable am I??

Can someone please let me out to play with the big kids???

It wouldn't be a birthday party without the traditional family shot

Oh yeah here we go...

This is pretty good

Like how Mommy blurred me?

She stayed remarkably clean

The gifts were great!  Thanks everyone :)

So there you have it.  The big first birthday bash!  I really hope she slows down a little this next year because I want to treasure every moment.

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty, especially the birthday girl (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you very much. I worked very hard on this event and it really paid off.

    ReplyDelete